Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Wants: CBTL Single Serve Beverage System

CBTL is short for Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I have been drinking the Tropical Passion Tea Latte since my Secondary school days. We would frequent the outlet at Hougang Plaza and Bishan during our preparation for our O'Levels. Now that they have this Single Serve Beverage System, I can enjoy a cup of CBTL standard tea in the comfort of my own home. Nespresso also has a similar machine but they only have coffee capsules. I prefer my coffees from Kopitiams but I love my tea from CBTL so I think this machine is more suitable for me.


The Contata only comes in Grey/Black. For the Kaldi, they have it in 4 colours, Blue/Silver, Red/Silver, White/Silver and Gold. I am so in love with the Red/Silver one. The function of both is the same, only difference is the design and that Kaldi has a range of colours to choose from. Price difference is $90. They also have the milk frother which is retailing at $149 but if bought together with the CBTL machine, it will cost $99.

If I were to get the Kaldi in Red/Silver and the Milk Frother in White, the damage will come up to $488. Or I can get a handheld frother at $20.90 which will come up to $409.90.

The tea and coffee capsules are $9.10 for a box of 10. Powder satchets are $11.90 for a box of 8.
Lets say I get 2 boxes each it will be $42.

Total damage:
1) Kaldi + Milk Frother + 2 box capsules + 2 box powder satchets = $530
2) Kaldi + handheld frother + 2 box capsules + 2 box powder satchets = $451.90

I am thinking if I should get this after I move into my new flat or should I just get this and put it in my husband's place.. One things for sure.. I want one of this machine!!


No comments: