Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Salut,
Finally got a chance to blog after 3 wks.
I'm now in Compiègne about 40 mins train ride from Paris ... The 1st 2 weeks in Troyes was soo cold that i had to go out and buy 2 sweaters and now the weather here is like soo hot and they dun have air con in class!!!!! Also dun have wireless have to use the com in sch n the keyboard is diff from the one we r using ... ARGhhhh ...
The things here are quite cheap if u dun take into account the exchange rate ... Everytime we go to Monoprix or Intermarchè to buy groceries we always have to choose the cheapest stuffs n they seldom have instant stuffs so we always end up eating bagettes with cheese spread or croissant or 50 cents cornflake. I'm so sick of eating bread le ... I used to avoid chilli but now i really look forward to eating some spicy stuffs le ... I wanna eat roti prata, char kway teow, chicken rice, chilli crab ... Arghh ... there is so much local food tt i miss ...
I'm very very homesick now. When i called home yesterday n i cried n my mom laughed at me ... *sob* ... I regret extending my stay until the 2nd if not i could have been home this wkend ... *sob* ... but got no choice have to 'ren' for another 3 more wks if not i'll be wasting all the railpasses that i bought in Singapore before coming here ... *STUPID* ... Its not that i dun enjoy my stay here lah ... its jus tt this is the first time i've been away from home for soo long ... And now i have to do all the washing n cooking myself ... We cooked potato n onion soup n chicken curry n fried egg with onion yest for dinner n it was delicious ... Made me think of home again .. Arhh ... I'm going to cry again ...
Exams r on thurs n fri n there is also a presentation on thurs so its been a hectic 3 wks so far what with all the sourcing of info for the presentation n booking of accom for after the program ... Will be going to Disneyland, Paris, Grenoble, Venice, Rome n London ... Trying to look forward to it to reduce my homesickness ...
Have to stop here now ... May not have a chance to blog again and upload the photos until i return home cos all the photos are in my lappie n there's no wireless connection ... Sigh ... Gotta go back n eat canned ravioli in disgusting tomato sauce n precooked rice le ... How i miss the food in Singapore ... Esp my mom's n grandma's cooking ...
Au revoir

No comments: