Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tailoring Woes

One of the disadvantage of getting our package from Taiwan was that my measurements are not taken by a professional and there is a chance that the gown will not fit nicely. I have been fretting over this issue for the past 3 months and have been scouring the bridal forums for a seamstress willing to alter wedding gowns. I have 1 WG for my solemnisation and 1 WG and 1 EG for my AD that requires tailoring. Usually they will refuse to alter wedding gowns as they are much harder to sew due to the heavy fabric used and also they fear that they will be blamed if the gown falls apart from numerous alterations which is not uncommon in OTR bridal gowns that have seen many changes of hand.

My efforts finally paid off in the form of Shirley who used to sew bridal gowns and is now doing freelance home-based tailoring. I am thinking of getting her to tailor a qipao or a gown for my mom for my wedding next year if I like her handiwork and if the price is reasonable. Might also get her to tailor one for me for CNY.

~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: