Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This will be the 3rd Valentine's Day that we will be celebrating together. The first year his 3rd sis sold us at a cheaper price a nights stay at Grand Park City Hall which she won during her company's D&D. The second year it happened to be the 1st day of CNY and we celebrated with our relatives. This year, we celebrated it 2 days earlier and he treated me to buffet at Oscars @ Conrad. He wanted to do it today but when I heard the price that they will be charging, I told him to cancel his booking and made another booking for Sat. No point giving our money to retailers who jack up their prices just because it was Valentine's day right?


Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day, is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs, Saint Valentine, and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI, but its religious observance is still permitted. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

My outfit for the day: Flowery toga top from Pluspink.sg and black leggings.
My smile looks forced here cause J made me take this photo and alot of ppl were looking my way. So embarassing.

J's outfit for the day: White shirt with black details and grey double layered vest. Both from Domanchi. Levis Jeans not shown in picture.
Seafood Galore!! My favourite!!
 I have no idea what these little lobster look alike crustaceans are but the are simply delish!! Much better than the crayfish.
 Thay also had a yusheng section and I made a mini one and tossed it myself. J was simply sick and tired of them but I love Yusheng!
Their dessert corner was wonderful too. They had freshly made waffles too! Coupled with ice cream, they were to die for.
They also had handmade chocolates and meringue. Different from other buffets. I like!
Something different was they had orange souffle. Made to order.
And what I love most? At the end of the meal, the tea they served was from TWG! Woot! This would have cost $10.50 at TWG but it was included in the meal. So worth it.

I shall end abruptly here cause I am feeling nauseous from facing the com the whole day. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: