Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Bakes: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 weeks back I was food blog hopping as usual when I realised that almost all the blogs featured something using Nutella in their recipes. Then I realised that Nutella Day was on 5th Feb. Which explains many nutella recipes. Decided to try out one of the recipes since I still had a jar of Nutella at home. 

The recipe called for Frangelico to be used but I did not have it at home and so I substituted it with vanilla essence instead. Other than that, I followed the recipe which yielded close to 100 cookies. The cookies were crispy and chewy just after baking but after letting it sit for 2 hours, it lost its crispiness and went soft. The granulated sugar gave the cookie its crunchiness and if you dun like ur cookies crunchy, substitute the granulated sugar with castor sugar instead. I felt that the recipe could do with more Nutella though as I could not really taste it. I would cut down on the amount of sugar used too as it was a bit too sweet for my taste. Note that the cookies spread quite alot so make sure that you leave adequte space between each cookies. Alternately, you could stick the batter in the freezer for 10 mins before baking it.

All in all, it was pretty well received when I brought it into the office this morning to share the calories. My colleagues kept coming back for second, third, fourth pieces. 

If you love Nutella, Chocolate chips and Cookies, this recipe is for you.

Recipe from Erin's Food Files.  Please pardon my amateur food photography skills.



No comments: