Monday, March 14, 2011

Bridal Shop

We have finally confirmed our bridal shop with just 2 months to go till our AD. 2 weeks back when I found out that Judy Wedding messed up our order and they promised to send me photos of the WGs and EGs (I have not received any calls or emails from them till date. This is what happens when you have paid full before collecting your items), I decided to have a backup plan since it was too late to MTM a gown with the cheapest contact that I could find previously.

I took a 1/2 day leave and went BS shopping with C. Our first stop was Bluebay at Delphi. Tried on a gown which I totally fell in love with. Super princessy and the Wow factor was there. I was not prepared to fork out another 2K for 2 gowns though. So the next stop we went to was GHA at Marina Square. The lady quoted a price which I was pretty comfortable with for 1 EG, 1 Kua and 1 WG but I still wanted to check out the gowns that they had over the weekend before committing. So I arranged to go down to their outlet at Yishun where they had more selections. Our last stop was at Graceful Image at Tan Quee Lan St. No doubt their gowns were pretty and the designer was very patient but 1 WG already exceeded my budget.

As luck would have it, while I was scanning through the SingaporeBrides forum, there is a section on exchange of BS. Decided to take a look and chanced upon this thread where the guy was looking to sell his comprehensive AD package (w/o PG and VG) from Seletar Braodway at a price much lower than when he bought it and the price happens to be slightly higher than my budget. Decided to head down to SB to check out their gowns and found that the gowns were pretty ok so we decided to buy over the package from the guy if he was able to decrease the price. And guess what? He agreed and we went down to the BS to do the exchange yesterday afternoon. Am a happy girl now cos the package also comes with a Bridal Car (which can be exchanged for $200 off my package if I am not using it) and accessories for me.

One more big item off my To-Do List and I am so looking forward to the day of our AD.

No comments: