Wednesday, June 23, 2010

AD Venue - Peach Garden @ OCC

*Edited with pictures*

Before I start blogging on the other sites, let me first do a post on our chosen venue for our AD. Blogger has some problem with uploading of photos so I'll post up photos of the venue later.  

We were initially planning on holding our AD in one of the hotels and have ald shortlisted a couple. However, my parents wants it to be done in a restaurant so we had to source all over again for a suitable restaurant. It was a big headache for the both of us and it was also one of the reason that led to a number of our recent heated quarrels. I'm so glad that all that is all over now. There's a saying that goes something to the effect of  "Quarrels makes a couple closer." I agree with that saying, but I really hate quarreling with J. In fact, I hate having confrontations with anyone.

One of the reasons that we chose PG was the friendly and affable coordinator, Rose. We both feel very comfortable liasing with her. She even gave us templates for the Programme and Emcee Speech.

We have also heard raving reviews of the food at PG from friends and from forums so we decided to give it a try. Although there are 2 pillars in the middle of the restaurant, we are prepared to overlook that for the fact that the food is good. Moreover, the decor is not those very chinese type of decor where you will feel like you are walking into a restaurant 20 years ago. I know that there are some restaurants that still have that type of decor.

The cocktail area is quite small but guest can move into the restaurant area to chit chat and take their seats first unlike ballrooms where the doors will be closed and guests can only be seated when the doors are open. Taking into account my Grandma will be inviting quite a number of her elderly relatives, I think it will be a good idea for them to be able to take their seats in the restaurants first rather than stand around the reception area. I forgot to take pictures of the restaurant area as the coordinator came then and we were busy ironing out the contract terms.

Reception area
Reception and coctail area
View from inside of restaurant
Where the photo albums will be placed

Anyway, we have confirmed our booking so we have one less thing to worry. We can now concentrate on our ROM preparations wholeheartedly..

~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: