Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Our Story: Chapter One

I met J online thru one of the then-popular social networking site Frienster and the rest is history ..

The Message
It all started one Sunday afternoon in May 2008 when I received an email notification that I had a message in Friendster. I logged in and saw this fella with a picture of his side profile telling me that he wanted to be friends and that i could easily block him if i decided not to talk to him. I remember thinking that his side profile look cute and there was no harm making more friends. So i replied him and added him on MSN and we started chatting from there. Gradually, we exchanged phone numbers and started SMS-ing which led to phone calls that lasted a few hours.

Fate at Play
I don't know if it was fate or just pure coincidence but there were a couple of times after we started chatting when we happened to be in the same area at the same time. We would be SMSing each other throughout the day and he would ask me where am I and I would tell him and he would tell me that he was at the particular place awhile ago. He suggested a couple of times to meet up but being the shy me, I gave him lots of excuses to not meet him.

There was once i was playing mahjong at my cousins place at Sembawang and he also happened to be at Sun Plaza. That was when i had a feeling that it could be more than just coincidence.

The Meeting
It so happened that J was taking a short break before starting work at a new company and Kungfu Panda was on the screens. Being the big kid that he is, he wanted to watch it but all his friends were like "What?? You want to watch cartoon?? Don't want lah!" So he ended up watching the show himself during his break. When I told him that I also wanted to watch the show but had no one to accompany me to watch, he offered to watch it with me again.

That Saturday, my parents were out of town and were due back in the evening and my sis had taken the car so after helping my Grandma wrap dumplings, I walked down to AMK Hub to meet him. It was raining heavily then and he offered to pick me up from my Grandma's place. But being the considerate me, I told him that I would meet him there. When I reached, he told me to look out for a wearing a black polo t-shirt and holding a blue umbrella. He had already went down in the morning to get the tickets for the show so we went to Nebo for drinks since we were still early.

My first impression of him was normal and there were no sparks. I had already decided that we would remain friends and nothing more. Mainly because he was the same height as me although he likes to think that he is taller than me. I have always liked my guys to be taller than me cos i love my high heels. But all these were set to change .. Stay tuned for the next instalment of Our Story: Chapter Two ..

It started over coffee.
We started out as friends.
Its funny how from simple things, the best things begin.

~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: