Friday, July 09, 2010

2 more months ..

.. To our solemnisation. Everything is on track but I am getting lazy. I have bought the materials for the invitation cards and the boutonnieres and corsages. But due to my laziness, they are all chucked into a box on my desk. I will have to start preparing the invitation cards by this weekend as I will be meeting some of my girls next week. Can take the chance to pass it to them too. Gotta get J to help me with the invitations this weekend.

I will also have to start doing up the boutonnieres and corsages too. In case it does not turn out how I want it to, I still have time to order them from the florists.

Speaking of florists, I have gotten some quotations but they are all so expensive. Once the salesgirls know that you need a bouquet for solemnisation, the price will double sometimes even triple. But the size of the bouquet is almost as big as those hand bouquets that girls always receive from guys. I am left with one more option that is to ask my cousin-in-law who works as a florist to give me a quote. Hopefully her prices are much cheaper.

As for my birdcage veil, I will be doing away with it as it will be vying for attention with my gown. So I just be tonging my hair and doing a low side ponytail. For bride-to-bes who would like to DIY their own birdcage veil you can look here, here and here.
Hopefully by the end of this month I can get more things off my TO-Do list so that the final month will not be so rush. J's birthday is also coming up next month and I have absolutely no inkling of what to get for him. But, I have already booked a hotel room for his birthday so that we can have a private celebration. Watch out for a review of the hotel after 15 August.
 
~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: