Saturday, July 03, 2010

Taipei: Day 6


Day 6:
.: Breakfast near hotel
.: Back to hotel to rest
.: Dan Shui, Fishermen Wharf and Dan Shui Lao Jie
.: Back to hotel

J woke up with a splitting headache and fever so we went out in search of breakfast so that he could take his medication. We chanced upon this cafe near our hotel and settled breakfast before heading back to the hotel for him to rest.


His breakfast

Mine

In the evening he felt better so we ventured out to Dan Shui to see the Lovers Bridge and also explore the Dan Shui Lao Jie. I didn't get to see the bridge my previous trip as it was raining heavily so I'm glad I got to go there with J this time round. The wind was pretty strong and I kept worrying that his fever would come back but he assured me that he was fine.
Fishermen Wharf

Lovers Bridge @ Fishermen Wharf

We made our way down to Dan Shui Lao Jie in search of food.

He had a bowl of piping hot fishball noodles at this eatery which I think did wonders to his body. He felt mch better after that. While I had my Strawberry snow ice.

We then chanced upon this bean curd stall and ordered tang yuan dou hua. We were expecting those big glutinous rice balls with peanut fillings and were stumped when we saw this. Later I remembered that this is the traditional pink and white tang yuans that we used to have during the winter soltice.

We went back to our hotel shortly after as J started feeling feverish again.

 ~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: