Sunday, July 04, 2010

Taipei: Days 7 and 8


Day 7
.: Breakfast at 阜杭豆漿‎
.: Ximending
.: Back to hotel to rest
.: Dinner near hotel
.: Judy Wedding
.: Taipei Main Station
J was still nursing a fever on Day 7, so I told him to sleep in the hotel while I explore the city on my own. I did not go too far as he was worried about my safety.

Found myself back at 阜杭豆漿‎ for their chilled dou jiang. There I experienced an earthquake. It was later reported in the news that the earthquake which originated at Tai Tung measured 6.5 on the Richter Scale. No one panicked but everyone stopped in their tracks when it happened. It was rather mild at Taipei which measured only 2.

After breakfast, I made my way down to XMD in search of the wholesale center which I was unable to find during our 2 previous visits there. This time round, I managed to find the place and had an enjoyable time looking at all the beauty products and tools which were selling at a much cheaper price. I forgot to bring the camera out with me so no pictures for that day.

Day 8:
.: Breakfast near hotel
.: Ximending
.: Back to hotel
.: Pickup from Hotel to Airport
.: Back in Singapore
J felt much better on our last day. Still slightly feverish but nothing a cold compress could not cure. We had a quick breakfast near our hotel then made our way down to XMD for some last minute shopping. Settled our lunch there and then made our way back to the hotel where the driver was waiting to send us to the airport. We had our dinner at the airport before boarding the plane back home.

This is the first long trip that we have gone on with just the 2 of us. I really enjoyed our time together. And this trip have certainly brought the 2 of us closer together.
  
~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: