Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!!

Its Xmas eve today and I'll be meeting some friends to celebrate over potluck.
Have decided to prepare a roast chicken instead of turkey as the meat is more tender and juicy.
The recipe I will be following loosely is Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux from Dorie Greenspan's book Around my French Table. My first attempt at roasting a chicken and I hope it turns out like the picture below. Seems simple enough. Rub a washed and dried chicken with herbs, salt and pepper. Throw it in a pan with onions, potatoes and carrots with a slice of bread under the chicken to absorb all the juices. Put it in the oven set at high for 90 mins and voila, the chicken will be ready. I'll try it out later and review it in my next post after Christmas.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

No comments: