Friday, February 25, 2011

My Bakes: Banana Bread Pudding

I had a bunch of bananas (which is a common sight at home) that were sitting on my dining table waiting to be eaten. And I had on hand a recipe for Cinnamon Banana Bread Pudding which I had just gotten from Liren @ Kitchen Confidante which I was dying to try out.

I followed the recipe closely but I could not find my cinnamon so I ommited it. I also did not have ramekins and my initial idea of putting them into muffin cups was trashed as the procedure required the ramekins to be half submerged in water.

Dad liked it alot but it was a bit too sweet for my taste. I will try this recipe again if I have stale bread available and replace 1/3 of the condensed milk with skimmed milk instead. I will also use whole slices of bread instead of cutting them so small. The top of the pudding was also charred in some places but that can be easily remedied by baking them foil covered for 40 mins and then without the foil for 20 mins instead of what the procedure called for 30 mins each. Alternatively, I could put it on the lower rack instead.

I only remembered to take a photo after we have dug into the pudding. It might not look appetizing but I assure you that it tastes better than it looks.

The recipe can be found here.

No comments: