Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Story: Chapter 3

The Proposal
We were together for slightly more than 6 months and it was Christmas Eve 2008. It was our first Christmas Eve together. We had a cozy dinner at Coffee Club at Harbourfront where we both ordered his favorite Garlic Prawn pasta. After that, we caught Twilight at Vivocity although he wasn’t very keen on watching it. Throughout the show, he seemed very uncomfortable as if his pants were too tight, but I did not suspect anything and just continued watching the show. Usually, I am quite sharp but that day, I was slightly drunk from the drinks I had with my colleagues before I met him. I wanted very much to go back and rest after the show but he insisted that we head on down to East Coast Park for a while. So being the sweet girlfriend I was and also because it was our first xmas eve together and I did not want it to end so soon, I let him have his way.

We could not find any empty seats along the beach that night and we were just walking along the track when suddenly a blue box (not Tiff n Co. though) appeared in front of me. At first I thought it was my xmas present until I heard the words “Will you marry me?” It was totally unexpected and as I said I was abit slow to catch on that day because I still had alcohol in my system. I thought I heard wrongly until I asked him to repeat what he had said and while looking into my eyes, he repeated his question. I said "Yes" and now here we are .. Starting on a new journey together ..

~~ Looking forward to being Mrs Tan ~~

No comments: