Monday, April 04, 2011

Gowns Selected!

A big load off my mind! Finally selected and confirmed my WG, EG and Kua and J's Blazer on Friday. Clarice took half day leave to accompany me to choose our gowns.

Had a quick lunch of frog porridge at the coffeeshop across the road from the BS and with our bellies filled, we proceeded with the daunting task of selecting my WG. Tried on no less than 8 WG's before shortlisting 2 gowns, 1 halter neck and 1 spag strap. Decided to KIV both and move on to the EGs.

While I was trying on WGs, J was choosing his coat. His was an easy choice as he did not want a white coat, and he already bought a black one for our ROM, he chose a silver one with black lining. The SA took his measurements for his MTM pants and he was good to go.

EGs were a big headache for me as the gowns that I chose to try were all too small so there was no way for me to know if I would look good in them. Thank god J and Clarice were there. They got the SA to give them the album for the EGs and started shortlisting gowns for the SA to get out for me to try. In the end, I was left with a halter maroon ball gown and a heartshaped neckline chili red ball gown. Could not decide on which to get so I decided to try on the Kuas first. The selection was fast and simple. The first one they got for me was too big and the second one was too small. Asked them for an in between size and they told me that there is no in between size. Kept on telling me that the bigger one was my size and that I looked good in it. Almost lost my temper trying to tell them that it was not my size and that I looked sloppy in it. In the end another SA came and got me the Kua in my size to try. True enough, I looked smarted wearing the one in my size. Confirmed that and went back to deciding on my WG and EG. In the end, I took the Halter WG and the heart shaped neckline EG. Pretty pleased with my selections.

Confirmed the colours for the car deco and design for the hand bouquet too and also the date for my 1st fitting too. Dad's coat will be chosen on that day too.

No comments: